WHAT IS GAVILÁN LIVING?
GAVILÁN is located in South Orange County east of San Juan Capistrano in a new Community called Rancho Mission Viejo. This gated haven is perfect for active adults who value low-maintenance single-story living. Only five miles from the captivating coastline of SoCal! The coastal breeze keeps temperatures modest throughout the summers. It’s just a few minutes drive to Downtown San Juan Capistrano and Dana Point offering almost year-round sunshine and cool coastal breezes. Dana Point and Dana Point Harbor offers many fine restaurants and shopping along with the Mediterranean Coastal city of San Clemente 10 minutes South. and Laguna Beach with Upscale Shopping, Art Galleries and Dining just 10 minutes North.
Gavilán® is The Ranch’s brand for homes, neighborhoods, amenities and events exclusively designed for residents ages 55+ to enjoy. It comes to life all throughout Esencia and Sendero creating a vibrant community that is wonderfully integrated. In the village of Esencia instead of grouping Gavilán neighborhoods behind gates, like they did in the village of Sendero, they have been integrated with the other “all age” neighborhoods at Esencia to help create a new village for all ages and life stages.
Gavilán residents have access to ALL the amenities and facilities found in the villages on The Ranch — PLUS they enjoy access to amenities which are exclusively theirs. It’s about being as connected as you like and getting together, when you want, with like-minded souls – no matter their age!.
Gavilán is located in Rancho Mission Viejo, Spanning 23,000 acres, is the largest new community in California. Approximately 75% of The Ranch is preserved open space known as The Reserve at Rancho Mission Viejo. The remaining 25% is identified for the phased development of multiple villages over the coming decades. It is an inter-generational community and at build-out, up to 6,000 of the homes planned for Rancho Mission Viejo will be “Gavilán” homes designated for people age 55 and older. Rancho Mission Viejo is on the list of the 20 top selling master-planned communities in the nation!